Emulradio4Rail is structured in 5 work packages that covers all the essential aspects of an R&D project: Applications requirements and railway scenarios (WP1), Possible Emulation solutions and models for IP impairments (WP2) Emulation tool development (WP3) Dissemination and exploitation of results (WP4) Project Management (WP5).
|WP1 Applications requirements and railway scenarios||This WP will provide the general requirements for the emulation work to be carried out in the other technical WPs (in particular, WP2 and WP3). The requirements to be provided cover three different aspects:|
– An IP-layer characterization of railway services based on radio communications· A description of the potential perturbations that may affect the performance of the radio communications systems in railways.
– An applicability analysis of channel models available in the scientific literature and in other research projects as well.
|WP2 Possible Emulation solutions and models impairments||The WP will first define how the different Radio bearers will be emulated and connected to the applications at IP level in order to perform communication performance assessment. We will define the radio access emulation tool architecture taking into account requirements such as: flexibility, availability of the equipment among the partners, easy to use devices, etc. WP2 will consider different technical solutions to emulate the Air Gap and to interface the radio emulators to the communication systems and to the applications. Activities of WP2 will continue with the modeling of the IP impairments e.g. packet delay, packet loss, bandwidth etc. as perceived at the application layer. Models will be inserted in the IP level emulator. Parameters of the derived models will be accessible and tunable/programmable in the emulator by means of a proper interface and/or a configuration file.|
|WP3 Emulation tool development||This WP covers the development of the radio access emulation tool. It will start in parallel of WP2, when the solutions for emulation will be identified, and when the first radio channels will be selected in WP1. The objectives of WP3 will be:|
– To develop and implement the different building blocks of the radio access emulation tool;
– To validate the tool with the experimental assessments of the IP parameters in different railway radio channels, corresponding to different environments and interferences identified in WP1;
– To support the integration of the Radio access emulation tool with the S2R-CFM-IP2-01-2018 project.
|WP4 Dissemination||Dissemination, communication andexploitation activitiesuptake of the results by the stakeholders|
|WP5 Project management||Project-, Risk-, and Cooperation- Management aspects addressed in this WP. It coordinates and ensures that all activities are in line with the project work plan and that all objectivesFinancial and administrative coordination|